Regional Development Officer
£26,000 per annum
Westminster, London SW1
Mothers’ Union is a membership movement of 4 million Christians in 83 countries worldwide. It is a federation of around 600 independent entities worldwide (including 66 Mothers’ Union Diocesan charities in Britain and Ireland), affiliated to the central charity based in Westminster, London.
Members are united in prayer and fellowship, and are committed to showing their faith through practical action in their local communities. In 2016, members, acting as volunteers, made a difference to the lives of over 650,000 people worldwide.
The Development Team work with our members within their communities building their confidence and equipping them with practical tools to work together with each other and those they are called to serve. We start with where they are, with what they have and move forward together at their pace.
Working closely within the Development Team and with colleagues across the organisation, you will:
- Liaise with the Lead Facilitator and network of Regional Facilitators on the planning for each Regional Meeting;
- Provide logistics and administrative support on our participatory listening process which we have named MULOA(Mothers’ Union Listens Acts and Observes) using information collated to record and document the process and its outcomes;
- Act as the point of contact for a number of regions in order to foster and maintain good relationships;
- Compile briefings, information papers, discussion documents, updates and other resources on the work in these regions for various audiences;
- Engage effectively with the membership at all levels
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to use MS Office packages in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at an intermediate or advanced level;
- Strong administrative, organisational and project management skills coupled with an ability to effectively self-manage workload and meet set deadlines;
- Sensitive and effective verbal communication skills, including confidence in communicating with a broad range of people;
- Experience of community development in an international context(desirable);
- Understanding of working for a member led organisation and experience of volunteering or supporting volunteers(desirable);
- A willingness to work very occasionally outside of office hours and to undertake some overseas travel as requested.
The policy of Mothers’ Union is inspired by faith. Therefore, the postholder must be a practicing Christian (Occupational requirement, Equality Act 2010)
Please read through the Job Application Pack for more information. If you wish to apply for this exciting role please complete the application form below and mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Mothers’ Union, Mary Sumner House, 24 Tufton Street, London SW1P 3RB.
This post may also involve some direct contact with children when working or visiting Mothers’ Union dioceses nationally and/or internationally. The post holder will therefore be asked to undertake a Disclosure check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: 9 March 2018