You are here
Domestic Abuse Programme Manager
14 hours per week
Part time (2 days a week) 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
£37000.00 PA FTE (Pro rated to £14800.00 PA)
Mothers’ Union is a Christian membership organisation with 4 million members in 83 countries and our members have been empowering communities to combat poverty, speak up for social justice and improve wellbeing of those around them for more than 140 years.
This is a part time Fixed Term Contract (14 hours per week) with a full time equivalent (FTE) salary of £37000.00 per annum.
To lead the implementation of the “Domestic Abuse Challenge” programme approved in February, 2023 for Church communities in Britain and Ireland, using measurable outcomes to determine impact, which can lead to accessing funding for taking the programme to scale, improve the profile of MU within Church communities, and start to build a wider supporter base for MU.
- Take the draft plan already developed, validate and finalise, with clear milestones and resource requirements identified
- Draw together and manage the proposed expert advisory group (which will include representatives from the Church of England, Restored and Women’s Aid), to provide support and guidance
- Work with the COE National Safeguarding team to ensure a “joined up” approach with their top-down activities
- Actively manage the DA Steering Group( which includes national leads from the membership) and the Community of Interest, acting as a source of expertise for member queries and activities
- Represent MU with agreed key partners ensuring that there are appropriate agreements in place to cover agreed areas of joint working
- Provide expertise into the annual Global Day and 16 Days of Activism against Gender Based Violence, and other agreed DA campaigns through the year
- Provide expert input if and as required into Global Policy and Advocacy matters, ensuring consistency between global and national messaging
The jobholder will work very closely with the Head of Campaigns and Communications on all advocacy campaign implementation; with the Global Policy Manager, to provide expertise into global matters as they relate to domestic abuse; with the Head of Membership, to ensure that work connects seamlessly with wider member and supporter engagement
- Must have a proven track record in advocacy and implementation of strategies to counter domestic abuse.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the Church, and how MU can engage with it.
- Must have n excellent understanding of, and ability to engage with, MU in Britain and Ireland.
This role is primarily based at our head office in Central London. Mothers’ Union is currently operating a hybrid working pattern. The successful candidate will be expected to work to a hybrid working pattern with a certain number of days in the office in Central London.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your CV and a Cover Letter via e-mail to Ranjeewa.Wickramasuriya@mothersunion.org
The Cover Letter should clearly outline how your skills match the main responsibilities of the role.
The closing date for applications is 24 March 2023. Due to the number of applications we receive, we may not be able to individually respond to each applicant. If we do not get in touch with you within 4 weeks from the application deadline, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this position.
Mothers’ Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.