You are here
Job Title: Fundraising and Retail Assistant
Hours: Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £24000.00 to £28000.00 PA
Are you looking for all round experience to work in a dynamic team in a Global Charity? An opportunity awaits the right candidate who can multi task to work in income processing, fundraising, digital/social media work and database use.
Mothers’ Union has 4 million members in 83 countries and our members have been empowering communities to combat poverty, speak up for social justice and improve wellbeing of those around them for more than 145 years. Family and community are at the heart of all we do, ensuring any change is relevant and lasting. We are proud that through our 4 million members acting as volunteers we are able to understand and support in the region of 1 million people each year, giving them the skills and knowledge to transform their own lives for the better.
The Fundraising, Communications and Retail Team
The Team is responsible for fundraising for the charitable work of Mothers’ Union and for communicating our work internally and externally in various formats and media platforms, resourcing dioceses and building membership.
Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for someone with great people skills, as well as drive, initiative and determination. You’ll be diligent with details and accuracy, and have a dynamic approach to your work. You will be a natural problem solver and a multi tasker always looking to improve.
Membership Care and Income Processing
- Be the first point of contact for all donor, retail, and membership enquiries by phone, letter or email and responding to these in a timely manner.
- Ensure high levels of customer service are always maintained.
- To record and acknowledge all fundraising income received from various sources (cheques, cash, online giving).
- To manage content and reporting of the online giving platforms.
- To brief internal stakeholders on upcoming activity to ensure consistency of call handling and messaging.
- Collate and analyse membership/customer feedback to improve service delivery
- To provide retail external fulfilment providers with information and support required to enable them to meet their fulfilment KPI of 1 to 3 working days, reporting any issues to the retail manager.
- To carry out retail administration duties including but not limited to the processing of all information relating to the organisational finance system
- To carry out research into grant making trusts. Match these trust to projects and support with low level funding applications (support and training provided)
- Support with the administration, booking, planning and delivery of income generating events
- Produce materials to support community fundraising activity in line with agreed appeals and events
Data and Database use
- To work alongside the Senior Database Officer to maintain the data architecture and quality of the database at all times.
- To manage the bookings diary for Mothers’ Union’s displays and banners.
- Provide admin support to the Director of Fundraising, Communications and Retail around team and membership meetings.
- To actively be involved in any projects undertaken by the team and contribute as required or directed by the Director of Fundraising, Communications and Retail.
- To contribute to team meetings and organisational priorities.
- To carry out other reasonable duties as required.
Skills Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in an environment offering excellent customer service
- Experience of processing donations/orders
- Database experience desirable
- Good communication skills and able to build relationship
- Proficient in MS Office, in particular Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Teams and Zoom
- Goon numeracy and analytical skills
- Ability to work largely self-directed and use initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to communicate efficiently, confidently and sensitively to a wide range of people both verbally & written.
- Good organizational skills – proven ability to effectively prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Team player, flexible, enthusiastic
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the core values of the Mothers' Union.
This role will be based at our Head Office in Central London. Mothers’ Union operates a hybrid working model. Staff are required to work an aggregate minimum of 90 days per calendar year (Pro rata for part timers) at our Head Office, Mary Sumner House in Central London. Tuesdays are our anchor days where every staff member is expected to be at the office. The 90 days includes anchor Tuesdays.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your CV and a Cover Letter via e-mail to Ranjeewa.Wickramasuriya@mothersunion.org
The Cover Letter should clearly outline how your skills match the main responsibilities of the role.
The closing date for applications is 24 March 2023 Due to the number of applications we receive, we may not be able to individually respond to each applicant. If we do not get in touch with you within 4 weeks from the application deadline, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this position.
Mothers’ Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.