We have over 1,500 members encompassing both branch (65 branches), diocesan and indoor members.
Mothers’ Union groups meet regularly with prayer, worship, action and fun - exploring and supporting projects both locally, across the diocese and beyond. Basically around the corner and around the world. As part of our commitment to Mothers’ Union and our diocese we aim when possible, to work together to further God’s kingdom here on earth.
- AFIA: as a diocese we provide much needed holidays, weekends away or days out for families of all shapes, ages and sizes who are in need of a break
- Coops Foyers: we collect household goods for young people coming out of care and are ready to set up their own home
- We provide emergency toilet bags for local hospitals and the homeless
- Colouring books etc. for use on Children’s Hospital wards
- Members run toddler groups, Messy Church sessions, baptism and wedding preparation classes and some provide refreshments at weddings for when photographs are being taken
- Knitting/sewing is a popular pastime of our members providing angel pockets for babies born asleep, small knitted baby hats, baby blankets and comfort squares for the local premature baby units
- Fiddle muffs are made for dementia patients and for autistic children in local additional needs schools
- Prayer shawls for anyone in need or sometimes given to a new bride or at a baptism
- Knitted hats, gloves etc. are given to the homeless and the local seafarers mission
- Baptism prayer bags/cards and gifts are given at baptism services
- A small support/prayer bag is given to the adult dropping children off at school for the first time containing a tea/coffee sachet, small packet of biscuits a packet of tissues and two prayers ~ one for the parent and one for the child
- A similar goody box can be provided for those later in life going into a changing situation such as residential care - this box is tailored to the individual's need.