UK Regional Development Manager
Up to £33K
Westminster, London SW1
Mothers’ Union are looking for someone with proven project development experience gained within Christian or community organisations to join us a Regional Development Manager.
We are a membership movement of 4 million Christians in 83 countries worldwide. It is a federation of around 600 independent entities worldwide (including 66 Mothers’ Union Diocesan charities in Britain and Ireland), affiliated to the central charity based in Westminster, London.
Members are united in prayer and fellowship, and are committed to showing their faith through practical action in their local communities. In 2016, members, acting as volunteers, made a difference to the lives of over 650,000 people worldwide.
Our Regional Development Managers work with our members within their communities building their confidence and equipping them with practical tools to work together with each other and those they are called to serve. We start with where they are, with what they have and move forward together at their pace.
Working closely with the Development Team and with colleagues across the organisation, you will:
- Have particular responsibility for regions within England, Wales, and Scotland, supporting the various programmes in these regions, you will lead on the development and implementation of participatory member-led church and community mobilisation processes.
- Support our members as they undertake a participatory listening process which we have named MULOA( Mothers’ Union Listens Acts and Observes);
- Co-ordinate the work undertaken in supporting individuals and families who are involved in work with prisons and rehabilitation facilities.
- Compile briefings, information papers, discussion documents, updates and other resources on the work in these regions for various audiences.
- Engage effectively with the membership at all levels.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Significant experience and confidence in partnering with groups engaging in participatory assets-based mobilisation processes;
- A passion for helping to take processes and programmes to scale with an incredibly high level of local and regional ownership, working with multiple stakeholders;
- Experience of working within Christian or community organisations and, in particular with church mobilisation in the UK. Knowledge and experience of the UK Prison system would be highly beneficial;
- Excellent networking skills, with the ability to easily build effective relationships internally and externally and work well across multidisciplinary teams;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, including the ability to work effectively independently or in teams
A key remit of this post will be to participate and contribute to the spirituality of Mothers’ Union. You may be asked to lead and run small bible study groups as part of the fellowship when on a visit to the designated regions. For this reason the post holder must be a practicing Christian. (Occupational Requirement Equality Act 2010). This post may also involve some direct contact with children when working or visiting Mothers’ Union dioceses nationally and the post holder will therefore be asked to undertake a Disclosure check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read through the Job Application Pack for more information. If you wish to apply for this exciting role please complete the application form below and mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Mothers’ Union, Mary Sumner House, 24 Tufton Street, London SW1P 3RB.
Closing date: 22 February 2018