The work of Mothers’ Union in Birmingham falls under four categories: Action & Outreach which looks after the various projects; Fundraising & Communications which helps support the projects financially and deals with all internal and external communication; Faith & Policy which oversees the spiritual side and informs social policy and finally the Finance & Diocesan Services which manages the funds and looks after the administrative work for the diocese.
We have an active Mothers’ Union in Birmingham and the surrounding areas with over 800 members of Mothers’ Union in 37 branches. The past year has been a successful one for Mothers’ Union in Birmingham. Members have supported a number of projects listed below:
- Developing prayer and spiritual growth in families
- Studying and reflecting on family life and marriage and their place in society
- Resourcing our members to take practical action to improve conditions for families, both nationally and in the communities in which they live
- Providing emergency gift packs for those in Women’s Aid
- Working in prisons and young offenders institutes
- Sending Christmas cards to prisoners
- Knitting garments for premature babies in Birmingham hospitals
- Making small gowns for premature or stillborn babies
- Providing hospitality for Mothers’ Union members from overseas
- Providing holidays for families under stress
- Facilitating parenting groups
- Facilitating Loving for Life groups – a marriage preparation group
- Supporting projects within their own parishes or branches.
We have several vacancies for volunteers, visit our website or get in touch for more details about either volunteering or joining. There are many ways you can get involved with our work, give back and learn new skills along the way. You can help raise awareness of the issues we are campaigning about, help out in one of our projects in your community or anywhere within the Diocese of Birmingham.